Culturally, organizationally, and individually we are in the midst of transition. There are steps that each person can take in anticipation of the changes ahead.
1. Take stock of where you are in six different areas. Rate each on a scale of 1-5 (1 is the lowest level of satisfaction and 5 is the highest).
e. Spiritually (give this whatever definition works for you)
2. Remember that the definition of insanity is doing the same things continually while expecting different results. Check out our downloads page to access a 6 question form entitled, “Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021”. Use this to identify the changes to be made as well as the priorities to be set.
3. Make a note of your top 5 values. Keep them handy throughout the coming year.
4. Identify a book to read or listen to each quarter. Here are my suggestions:
- BE 2.0 by Jim Collins and Bill Lazier, 2020. Check it out on Amazon here.
- Exit Rich, by Michelle Seiler Tucker & Sharon Lechter, January, 2021. Check out this gem here.
- The Joy of Genius, by Gay Hendricks, September, 2019. Check this one out on Amazon here.
- Startup CEO: A Field Guide To Scaling Up Your Business, August, 2020, by Matt Blumberg. Link here.
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know, (is one that is on my list to read) by Adam Grant, 2021.
Let’s focus on the things that we can control, the actions we can take, to meet the events of the future with responses based on our ethics and values. Prepare to act as the best version of yourself as you lead your business through the transitions of 2021.
Wishing you the very best –